We would like to thank everyone for the interest shown in the proposals. We thought you would be interested in an update to the proposals and we have produced a new image of how the site will appear.
• We have reduced the height of the proposed building by one storey.
• We have reduced the massing of the upper floors on the south-west corner of the building, thereby improving the outlook from Arden Road compared to earlier plans.
• The number of proposed homes within the building has fallen from 32 to 29.
• Following your feedback we are looking to introduce affordable shared ownership homes as part of the development and we will be discussing this with Ealing Council’s planning team.
• There will be 21 one-bedroom apartments and 8 two-bedroom apartments.
• Nine public car parking spaces will be retained, some of which will be parking spaces for Blue Badge holders. Residents will not be able to apply for local parking permits.
• We will be seeking PassivHaus accreditation, a comparable standard to zero net carbon buildings.
• Our proposals include plans for new trees and planting along Arden Road and a new roof terrace.
We welcome any further comments on the plans. Let us know your views. Consultation will conclude at midday on Wednesday 2 September. Following this, a planning application will be made to the London Borough of Ealing Planning Department, who will carry out their own statutory consultation.